- What happened to you when you got back from the war John? How did people treat you? How did you fit back into normal life? (What type of work did you do in Manhattan?)
- Do you know what made it so important to Edelman to put this anthology together?
- Do you think the text represents the war accurately?
- Do you think the text glamorises the war compared to reality?
- Do you think the anthology could have included a bigger variety of perspectives. More voices from the Vietnamese and the people back home in America?
- How did the war in Vietnam impact on your family?
- Do you have any contact with Vietnamese allies?
- Did you have any support from the American government when you returned?
- How do the experiences of you and your friends compare? Similar or very different?